20031008: Cannot run Unidata IDV for Windows

Anthony,

I understand you ran the IDV installer and it completed successfuly. How
did you start the IDV? Using a link or shortcut, the batch runIDV.bat,
or with a command line?

Please tell us the following:
what version of the IDV you tried
what version of Windows
what video card you are using; do you have OpenGL or DirectX?
how much RAM you have, and your processor speed
anything special about your hardware set up.

This is an important matter and we appreciate your writing to us.

Stuart Wier

> >To: <address@hidden>
> >From: "Anthony" <address@hidden>
> >Subject: Cannot run Unidata IDV for Windows
>
> To whom it may concern,
>     I recently downloaded the Unidata IDV program and cannot get it to =
> work. After I downloaded the Anywhere Installer for Windows, I followed =
> all the instructions. One I started the program it said that it was =
> "creating interface" and then nothing. I hit ctrl+alt+delete to see if I =
> had anything running and nothing was showing. What am I doing wrong? I =
> was hoping to get this program to work so I oculd use it to further =
> enhance my study of meteorological processes. Thank you.

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service