Re: 20030612: IDV/netCDF problem

Greg,

Any chance you could supply us with the netcdf data file, say on an ftp
site?  For assisting IDV development I also would like to see your 2D
data. When we run into new kinds of data sometimes we can improve the
IDV in using it. Most of our work has been above the surface.  A known
bug is plotting some ocean data, which comes out above the surface if
depth is positive.  We certainly want to make the IDV use your kind of
data
properly. And it may be a simple change to your netcdf format will do
the trick.
If the file is not too big you could email it to me.

Are you using the IDV globe display?

Stu Wier

> I'm working on some solid earth data (mantle velocities) to be used in the
> VGEE for a new educational unit.  Working with 2D datasets has not posed
> any serious problems but I've been getting this persistent error
> with my 3D sets despite experimentation with header configurations.
> I've been working with the data as a large ascii file, then I run it
> through netCDF without any problems.  When going from the IDV data
> selector, I cannot produce a plot of any kind.  I scoured the web site
> and email archives for a similar problem but with no luck. As requested on
> the web site, I've included the error description from the console.
> Any help would be very appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg Bensen

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service