Re: 20030528: IDV questions - my own color tables

Charlie,

> 2. When doing calcualted values I usually select color shaded
>  plan view. When the result appears it uses the default color table.
> Is it possible to create a color table and have it used by the display
> of the calcualted values shown as color shaded plan view?

See the section "Saving and Exchanging Color Tables" in the User Guide
section on the Color Table editor. This tells how to make and save color
tables.

To automatically associate a color table with a parameter, see the
User Guide section on Main menu -> edit Menu -> Parameter defaults
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/IDV/docs/UserGuide/IDV_mainmenu.html#mainEdit

Under the User defined defaults tab, enter your data's native parameter
name
(such as absvor if using that from Eta output; the native parm name
is always listed in the legend under a display). In the second
column use mouse button three to get a popup menu to let you enter
the name of the color table you made and saved. I tried this making a
new color table absvort2 and thne when I displayed a absvor field from
Eta that color table is used.

Did you know you could put line(s) in a color table at some threshold
value(s)?
Use the color table editor to enter a black color at one value.

Stu

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service