Re: vorticity units

Bill,

This is definitely a bug in the IDV and we will add it to the list of
bugs to fix.

Stu

>Stu,

>I just tried to change the units of relative vorticity, and it did not
go well.

>I used last nights ETA run, forecast for 00 GMT tonight, 500 mb.
Everything was
fine so far. Properties --> Change display units. Edited  0.0010 s-1 to
0.00001 s-1.
Memory useage went above 200 mb, and the IDV died (probably ran out of
ram).

Bill

< Bill Fingerhut, Professor           PHONE: 802-626-6257 >
< Meteorology Dept                    FAX:   802-626-9770 >
< Lyndon State College                                    >
< Lyndonville, Vt 05851                                   >
<                                                         >
< EMAIL:     address@hidden                >
<            address@hidden                  >
< WWW:       http://apollo.lsc.vsc.edu/                   >
< disclaimer: I know nothing - I only work here.          >

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service