Re: question about adde image chooser

Tom-

Tom Whittaker wrote:
Hey, did you get the little DecimalFormat extension I sent?

Yes, but I haven't had a chance to play with it.

But...the real reason I'm writing: in 1.0b6, I put the 'tom.properties' file in the IDV startup directory, added it's name to the runIDV.bat file. But it did not seem to find the 'extrachoosers.xml' file (that was in the /c/documents and settings/tomw/.metapps/DefaultIdv/ directory). I moved this file into the IDV startup directory and then it worked fine...it's "almost like" the environment variable IDVPATH is not set -- is that basically the case? Or is it set sometime later or something.

What does tom.properties look like?   What is in extrachoosers.xml?
What does your runIDV.bat look like after the mod?  Send this all
along and I'll test it here.

Anyways, that's all I wanted. I had Scott Bachmeier get b6 for his Linux box, but when he ran it all his images turned up as white rectangles. Unfortunately, he's on RedHat 7.0...so I told him to try again when he gets 7.2 installed (next week, I hear). He's interested in getting the GINI data and being able to look at the MODIS stuff coincidently.

We have others reporting this.  It would be good to know
the configuration (OS version, XFree86 version and video card)
so we could track this down and provide a solution.

Don
address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm