Re: 20030414: IDV Formula Application

Charlie

> My question now is what is the function in Jython/Visad
> to access an image? Is it the same finction for the grid -
> i.e.
>
> fieldimpl.getSample(N)
>
> or something else.
>
> I want to write a Jython routine to take the
> radar image, convert it to dBz and then calculate
> the rainfall rate with a Marshall-Palmer type
> distribution.
>
> Thanks,

The new IDV release due out around 30 April will have radar available in
dbz units. Will that do?  I will find the more general answer for you
too. Yes getSample(n) might be it.

If you create a formula or method to estimate rainfall rate this way,
would you care to share it with us? Someday we may keep an archive of
such things for others to us.

Stu
Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service