20030402: IDV input

>From: "John McCormick" <address@hidden>

John-

>Thanks for your response on the these questions very much...I would like to
>keep up an "ongoing" dialogue (like this one) and therefore, establish a
>knowledge base that would make IDV a comprehensive and quality-assured
>product.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm curious to know what you are looking
to do with the IDV and how you found out about it.  If you could
provide some of that info, it'll help us provide a better product
to all users.  If you have particular needs that the IDV doesn't
support now, I'd be interested to hear what they are.  Since we
have to prioritize our efforts towards our core community, I can't
promise anything, but it may be that your needs and their's overlap.

>Please let me know if I'm delivering too many questions and suggestions as I
>think its important not to "overwhelm" you with too many questions (at
>once)...

I'll definitely let you know. ;-)

>I did notice (on the ftp web area of UniData) that you have the "Beta-6" in
>testing mode and I'd be interested in bringing it down to my windows and
>linux to try it out... The only thing is that if I come across bugs on
>Beta-6 and bugs on Beta-5, ....that might be confusing for us ...but, let me
>know what you think before I do any "beta-6" testing.... I'd be interested
>in such testing...

We occassionally put "pre-releases" out in the untested area for
sites to download and test bug fixes.  You are welcome to try
out the beta6 versions, but please note that they come with
the "big boy" warranty - basically, if it's broke, we aren't
in a hurry to fix it.  We hope to have an official beta6 out
by the end of April (but don't hold me to that. ;-)).  If you
do report bugs, please specify which version you are running.

This message came in with the wrong return address, but the
next one came with the right one.  I just cut and pasted from
the other.  Thanks for fixing that.

Don Murray
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support

From:      John McCormick <address@hidden>