19991109: NIDS data

>From: Michelle Tuorto <address@hidden>

>Hi, Steve -
>
>I am looking for hourly NIDS summaries for the Great Lakes region for as
>far back as you have them, but at least since 1995.  Would I be able to
>get this product from Unidata?
>
>Thanks!
>Michelle

>Michelle Tuorto
>University of Michigan Atmospheric Science
>Mesoscale Meteorology Lab
>734.764.0564 (W)
>address@hidden

Michelle,

Unidata does not archive any data, so we do not have it.

NCDC is responsible for archiving NIDS data, so that is your best location
for obtaining the data - though they will charge a fee.

The Unidata/Wisconsin backup site will have the MDR radar areafile images
that were broadcast on the IDD- MDR id 40km resolution (coarse):
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/unirec.html

Universities may archive the data they receive- you can find out
if anybody can help you through the address@hidden email list.

Your options from the IDD could also include the Radar Coded Message (RCM)
summary, or the ROB bulletins.

Steve CHiswell