[GEMPAK #PWS-938510]: nex2img segfaults

Hi Daryl,

Since the initial release of gempak 5.11.4, there have been a couple of updates
in recent days, and it seems the problems on your end can be solved by
replacing a couple of files and rebuilding.

First the two issues with your 5.11.4 build

1) There is a line of code which exceeds the maximum allowable length by some
gfortran version.  This can be fixed by a recent update of
$GEMPAK/source/programs/gui/nwx/mapdraw.f

I've attached the the source code, you need to copy it to this location and
then rebuild in the nwx directory only:

   cd $GEMPAK/source/programs/gui/nwx/

   make all

   make install

2) The build of nmap_kiosk,

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXtst
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [nmap_kiosk] Error 1

is failing because the Xtst library is missing - you'll need to install
libXtst.x86_64 for your system

To address the problems when nex2img from the gempak 5.11.4 build, you will
also need to replace a file with the attached source nex2img.f

copy this file to $NAWIPS/unidata/programs/nex2img/nex2img.f

cd to that directory, make all, make install

That should take care of the problems you're having. Let me know if you run
into any other issues or have further questions.

Michael James

> Michael,
>
> > In regards to nex2img, I'm currently working on a change to avoid
> > segfaulting or stopping when it encounters a bad file such as in this
> > case.
>
> Sweet, that'd be great.
>
> > In regards to problems installing 5.11.4 or 5.11.1, in my previous reply
> > to you I offered to help with any issues that you encountered if you
> > could provide me with more information that more precisely details the
> > problem, such as your make.out file.  If you could send that file back
> > to me I'll take a look and we'll figure this out.
>
> Thanks.  I have attached two files:
>
> make.out.gz -> gzipped output of make out.  A few errors inside and a
> couple GUI programs that did not build.
>
> nex2img_bt.txt -> gdb output of nex2img which I can't figure out why. Note
> nex2img will segfault right off the bat without any
> files to look out.
>
> My system is fully patched RHEL 5.3 x86_64
>
> daryl

Ticket ID: PWS-938510
Department: Support GEMPAK