Re: 20041123: 20041122: GDVINT question

Hi again Steve,

I figured out the problem, and it wasn't with GDVINT. It stemmed from my lowering of the base state temperature for the newest version of WRF in the WRF to GEMPAK converter I'm using. That generated heights that were too low at all pressure levels, and I'm assuming that is what caused it to not interpolate correctly to 1000 mb. If I fix the base state temperature problem in the original conversion, the GDVINT program works correctly.

Sorry for bothering you, and have a great holiday.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael J. Brennan
Graduate Research Assistant
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
Email: address@hidden
Phone: (919) 515-1447

Unidata Support wrote:
Michael,

Sounds like you have verified that all your levels
are present in the WRF file. Was just wondering in case the new version
had more parameters/times/levels and caused some previous MAXGRD
to be exceeded.

I could take a look at the file later next week after the holiday.

Steve CHiswell
Unidata User Support