20010120: nawips5.6 installation

Bob,

The message below: InitGempakColorMap:  Can't allocate Graphic colors.

This likely means that you don't have enough colors available.
You should launch "ntl" to allocate the shared colormap, and then use that to
launch
Garp. If you don't have enough colors, ntl will tel you how many colors you do
have. You can launch ntl with command line options to use fewer colors, eg "ntl
-s 64"
will use 64 colors for satellite images rather than 95.

Also, under RH, gnome is a color hog. You might have more luck using KDE.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport