Re: 20001219: GEMPAK 5.6.A available

Bryan,

Ok..... so most of the work is done :)

3 years between 5.4 and 5.6, so our average is still pretty good
for major changes.

If possible, download the new distribution into a clean directory
so that you can copy your nmap configurations. The only table whose format
changed was mapovl.tbl. A couple of changes to mod_res.tbl for
NWW3, but thats not important...just copy your old mod_res.tbl file over
if you've customized that. You can add the datatype.tbl changes for:
!* D. Kidwell/NCEP      10/00   Added NEWMRFMOS, NEWAVNMOS              *
to to your current table to save time there.

The data directory formats will stay the same.

The big change will be in $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/im and
$GEMPAK/source/driver/active/gn to handle the ZLIB compressed NIDS products.
If you want to display those in January, you really need this!

The decoder additions for mos are superficial (if you want to add the decoders
to pqact, you can).

Let me know if you have specific questions about clobbering anything.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support