[Datastream #DJJ-927941]: 20221207: L2 GLM Down?

Hi Carol,

> The GLM L2 was down again from about 00 - 16 UTC today..... did you hear
> anything about this outage? It looks like it's back in real-time as of the
> last 2.5 hours.

Thank you for letting us know about the outage, we were not aware of it.

I reached out to the NOAA team producing this data (the same team Tiffany put
us in contact with before).  They reported that there was a system issue
overnight that resulted in the lengthy outage; so it was unplanned and
unexpected, and it didn't sound like there's any real risk of this being a
reoccurring issue.

> Our LEE field campaign is planning for a weekend intensive operations this
> weekend, so they'll want to see the GLM if possible.

I mentioned your campaign this weekend in the above exchange, here was their
reply:

"We'll keep an eye on things over the weekend given the campaign.  If you have
knowledge of future times of heightened availability need, please let us know
(although we do strive to achieve and maintain Operations-like performance)"

So it's looking like good news for this weekend, and even though this
technically isn't an operational data set they're willing to give some extra
attention if/when needed.  Let me know if you have another event that you'd
like me to reach out to them about.  And of course don't hesitate to let us
know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Best,
-Mike

Ticket ID: DJJ-927941
Department: Support Datastream