20040426: ECMWF data on your website (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

re:
>> Do you receive _any_ money for the products you are making available on
>> your web site?  My question includes direct funds from folks using your
>> site AND any funds provided for the generation of those products.
>
>No.

Just to be clear on this, I want to review what I think I understand
about your setup.  Please correct all things that are incorrect:

- you work for the NIU Physical plant

- Physical plant provides no monies for you to create/maintain/populate
  your web site

The situation would be crystal clear if you were an employee of the
Department of Geography (or any other academic department) and your
web pages were hosted out of that same department.

By the way, WMO Resolution 40 is not the only possible rule base for
product re-export restrictions.  ECMWF could also have its own set of
restrictions that have to be abided by.  We are trying to see if they
do, in fact, place additional restrictions on use of their data.  If
they do, you could well be in violation of their restrictions and so be
required to stop making plots of their data generally available.

Again, we are starting to research this now.

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program <
(303)497-8643                                                  P.O. Box 3000 <
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO 80307 <
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support  <