[AWIPS #TVX-880524]: HRRR Model Data

Hi Tom,

> I have been looking at the model inventory availability on HRRR this morning.
> I've noticed
> that in the current version your system only hasHRRR data out to 18 hours.
> While the NOAA
> NWS model inventory has data going out to 48 hours on the main synoptic times
> of 0000Z 0600Z
> 1200Z and 1800Z. Would it be possible to have that loaded into this version
> of AWIPS or is
> that one of the updates coming when UNIDATA UCAR AWIPS upgrades to version
> 2.0?

Unfortunately, the full suite of HRRR products is not available to us in an LDM
feed. It's
limited in forecast hours and no data above 500mb. The following link defines
what data we
are able to receive:
https://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/changes/hrrr_wmo_headers.php

And you can see closer to the bottom:
  A2 specifies the forecast time (ranging from 00 to 15 hours)

Sorry I don't have better news to give you.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: TVX-880524
Department: Support AWIPS