[AWIPS #OFI-690949]: GFE windows

Hi there,

> Is there any way that GFE can be used on windows? I have tried to use a VM
> but it eats my memory on my pc causing it to be so slow it cannot perform
> tasks (its a alienware desktop its 2 years old).

In our experience, the Windows build of CAVE has the worst performance, and I
believe that is why the GFE has been removed from that distribution.  It's
possible this is something we could look into with the next major release (v20)
of CAVE.

For the VM performance, do you know how much memory is on your computer?
Depending on how much memory your native computer has, you may be able to
increase the memory allotted to the virtual machine, which would increase the
performance you're getting.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: OFI-690949
Department: Support AWIPS