[AWIPS #OHU-774169]: CAVE problems

> Hi Tiffany:
> Any and every time I have an issue I restart CAVE and if the problem
> persists, I reboot the machine.  I have not updated CAVE since last summer
> however...It seemed to be a bit complicated to do this on the PC for some
> reason so I bailed.
> Thx

Hello,

Since you have CAVE "working", the install process should be much easier to
just update it. The other installation steps should already be in place
(installing java, miniconda, jep, numpy etc.) and all you have to do is remove
the existing CAVE and install the latest which can be found here:

https://downloads.unidata.ucar.edu/awips2/current/windows/awips-cave.msi

Another suggestion is if you have an issue, before restarting CAVE or
rebooting, also remove caveData:

http://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/common-problems/#windows

At Unidata, we've updated our EDEX multiple times since last summer. We also
have 2 EDEX cloud instances that we switch back and forth between them when
pushing updates, so the cache in your caveData can be out of date and removing
caveData will help fix that.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: OHU-774169
Department: Support AWIPS