[AWIPS #CWJ-540985]: grb2 decode question.

> Greetings - this is quite helpful and we will modify the grib output or the
> grib tables accordingly.   We do have one question.
>
> If we create a new diagnostic scalar field in grib2 for the GFS -- say at idk
> like 500 mb -- called it TIFF to name it after you -- after we make the
> proper configurations per http://unidata.github.io/awips2/edex/new-grid/  and
> it ingests and decodes properly, does it show up in the volume browser "TIFF"
> under the GFS or does the volume browser also have to be configured so it is
> an option to choose from (or does the volume browser automatically read the
> grib file and make a new option in its menu)?

Hi Pete,

Sounds good - since AWIPS is very configurable, there are a few ways to do
this.

So it sounds like you created a new model entry in

/awips2/edex/data/utility/common_static/base/grib/models/gribModels_NCEP-7.xml

And named it TIFF? So you can either keep it that way, and then yes you will
have to make a configuration in CAVE for "TIFF" to show up in the volume
browser

Edit:
/awips2/cave/etc/volumebrowser/VbSources/volume.xml
    <vbSource key="TIFF" category="Volume" />

Alternatively, you can change the model name in  your new entry in
gribModels_NCEP-7.xml to "GFS" (which is what the existing GFS .25 model is
called) and then it will already be there in the volume browser under "GFS".

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: CWJ-540985
Department: Support AWIPS