[AWIPS #KJH-114168]: Error Code

Hi Anthony,

My IT did get back to me with a couple links.  This one looks to be a little
more
thorough and should hopefully walk you through everything you'd need to do:
https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-to-install-nvidia-driver-on-centos-7-linux/

He also provided me with this link, but maybe only resort to this if the first
instructions don't seem to work?
https://www.advancedclustering.com/act_kb/installing-nvidia-drivers-rhel-centos-7/

It says it shouldn't take too long (<5 minutes), so hopefully it's not too
difficult.  Let me know tomorrow, or whenever you get the chance, to try them
out and if it produces any difference?

Also, if you are successfully able to change drivers, the first bit of your
glxinfo output should hopefully look something more like this:

> name of display: :0
> display: :0  screen: 0
> direct rendering: Yes
> server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
> server glx version string: 1.4
> server glx extensions:
>     GLX_ARB_context_flush_control, GLX_ARB_create_context,
>     GLX_ARB_create_context_no_error, GLX_ARB_create_context_profile,
>     GLX_ARB_create_context_robustness, GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float,
>     GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_buffer_age,
>     GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile, GLX_EXT_create_context_es_profile,
>     GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_EXT_libglvnd,
>     GLX_EXT_stereo_tree, GLX_EXT_swap_control, GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear,
>     GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating,
>     GLX_NV_copy_image, GLX_NV_delay_before_swap, GLX_NV_float_buffer,
>     GLX_NV_multigpu_context, GLX_NV_multisample_coverage,
>     GLX_NV_robustness_video_memory_purge, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
> GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
>     GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGI_video_sync
> client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
> client glx version string: 1.4

Note the "vendor string" lines.

Thanks!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: KJH-114168
Department: Support AWIPS