[AWIPS #AZW-707483]: Older version of AWIPS2

>Hello there, I installed your version of AWIPS2 virtual machine, and I am
>trying to remove that download of AWIPS2 and re-download an older version
>to replace it.
>
>I am having some trouble because no matter what I do, following the install
>instructions I can not install the older version it keeps saying that
>"group awips2-cave does not have any packages to install". I am really
>trying to install an older version of it but for some reason it is giving
>me some hard times, was wondering if you could help me. Thanks :)

Hello,

Can I ask why you are wanting to install an older version of CAVE and where you
are getting that from? There's no guarantee that an older CAVE will connect to
the Unidata EDEX and work properly.

To remove CAVE you can try executing:

yum groups mark remove "AWIPS CAVE"
yum groupremove "AWIPS CAVE"

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive: https://forms.gle/tKG5SY9YJw4vBRVXA

Ticket ID: AZW-707483
Department: Support AWIPS