[AWIPS #ORW-319428]: Questions regarding CAVE products

>1) How can I label specified locations around the world on a map feature
>on CAVE? I tried selecting the world map label thinking it would label
>countries in the world and Pacific Islands but had no success.

In order to see the labels on the map, you have to essentially turn them on. If
you don't see the map in the legend in the bottom right click on the main map
to cycle through. When you see "World", right click and hold and you should see
a "Label" option - this will turn on the labels. We have recently posted a blog
post that talks about this:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/awips-tips-visualizing-data-in

>2) Can I upload Himawari Satellite images on CAVE or can it only be the
>featured satellite products displayed on CAVE?

At this point you can't "upload" data into CAVE. CAVE only displays the data
that have been ingested on the EDEX server that you are connected to. We
currently don't have access to a realtime feed of Himawari data so it is not
available on the Unidata EDEX. If you have your own feed you can consider
installing your own EDEX server to process data and ingest the Himawari data.

>These are the main questions I have. If there needs to be any clarification
>to the questions I ask or is unclear let me know.

Please don't hesitate to ask anymore questions.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive: https://forms.gle/tKG5SY9YJw4vBRVXA

Ticket ID: ORW-319428
Department: Support AWIPS