[AWIPS #RXM-953481]: CAVE - NCEP WPC Surface Fronts Analysis question

Hi Pete,

Okay, we were able to recreate the behavior you're experiencing.  The bad news:
we're not sure why
it works for one file and not for the other, and not sure how to fix it
immediately.
The good news: there is a workaround that *may* work for you but it has caveats
and potential
drawbacks that you need to be aware of.

I'm assuming you have some kind of scripts running that know when the new data
is available and
so it creates and triggers a 'pqinsert' to start the ingest process for EDEX?
We were able to get the files to ingest properly by dropping them into the
manual endpoint:
/awips2/edex/data_store/ingest/
And I'm thinking that would work for you as well.  Can you try by copying the
file that didn't work,
pyaa98.bin I believe, into that directory and see if it gets ingested into
AWIPS (shows up in the
/awips2/edex/data/hdf5/ directory and shows up in CAVE)?
If that does work for you, then my suggestion (to get the data showing up
quickly) is to change
your script that does the pqinserts, to instead copy/move that file into the
manual endpoint (only
for this particular data type).  No other action is needed for EDEX to pick up
the file and ingest/
decode it.  The drawback to this option though, is it is not intended for large
data volume ingest
because it ends up moving/copying the file a couple of times, which can take up
a bit of cpu
especially if you have a lot of data.  From what I understand though, this data
only comes in a
couple times a day and it's only a few files each time?

Let me know if this makes sense to you, and if the manual endpoint seems to
work?  I would like to
keep diving into **why** the regular insert is not working, but cannot
guarantee I'll be able to solve
that in the immediate future.

Thanks.
--Shay Carter

AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: RXM-953481
Department: Support AWIPS