[AWIPS #DZZ-515874]: CAVE taking ages to load

Hi Matthew,

What kinds of rates were you getting for your upload and download speeds, out
of curiosity?
I haven't watched your video just yet, but wanted to say that just opening a
menu at the top
of the file bar may send of lots of requests to the edex server because it's
trying to
compute those times that you may see on the right hand side.  When it first
opens they will
show as "---.---" and once it gets the information back from the server it will
populate them.
But if you open one menu and run your cursor along the file bar (opening all
the menus along
the way), you can send off a ton of requests, which might be what you're seeing.
As for the data to crash CAVE completely... I haven't seen that.  Did the
console output stop
entirely as well?

Thanks.

--Shay Carter