[AWIPS #XDK-386319]: Awips-Python Edex-Cloud issues

Hi Greg,

I've experienced the same and have made updates to the bundles for the next
minor release (18.1.1-4) that now render all watch, warning, and advisory
polygons correctly.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 9:31 AM Greg Porter <address@hidden>
wrote:

> New Client Reply: Awips-Python Edex-Cloud issues
>
> Hello!
>
> Our issue is resolved! We switched from Python 2.7 to 3.6 and everything
> has been working!
>
> Quick question: with the watches and warnings, not all the polygons show up
> in areas. It seems there is some distortion in how the polygons are drawn.
> Is this a known issue?
>
> Best,
> Greg
>
> address@hidden wrote:
>
> > > To whom it may concern,
> > >
> > > Our issue pertains to the Awips-Python watches and warnings section. We
> > can
> > > pull radar, model, sounding, etc fine from the Edex-Cloud server. If we
> > try
> > > to get the warning data however, we get a list of times filled with no
> > > values. The same thing happens if we run the notebook example in the
> > > documentation.
> > >

> > Hi Greg,
> >
> > Is this still occurring?  I am able to run the Watch and Warning Jupyter
> > notebook without error, so if you are still experiencing this problem I
> > would like to know your python environment and see a stacktrace of
> whatever
> > messages are available.
> >
> > I'm also curious if this problem was due to downtime of the server in the
> > past.
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: XDK-386319
> > Department: Support AWIPS
> > NOTE: All email exchanges with Unidata User Support are recorded in the
> > Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through
> > the web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in
> > this way, you must let us know in each email you send to us.
> >

> Ticket Details
> Ticket ID: XDK-386319
> Department: Support AWIPS
> Link: