IDV Development Status Report
September 21, 2007
This report updates the status of Unidata's IDV development
efforts since the last report
Development and testing are underway for the next release of
the IDV (2.4) which should be released in Fall 2007 in time
for the AMS meeting in January, 2008. Features for this release
- More diagnostic capabilities
- Interactive Jython shell
- Improved caching of grids and images for faster display creation.
- Display properties system for preconfiguring displays.
- Non-experimental remote Level II Radar access
- Bug fixes and suggest improvements noted a the workshops.
Ongoing efforts include:
- Collaborating in the development of
- Keeping up with new Java interfaces and developments
- Various and sundry IDV bug fixes and enhancements.
This document is maintained by
Don Murray <email@example.com>