Re: [visad] VisAD library updated

Hello Jan --

The code that was released in the GOESnav.java reads:

        for (int n = 6; n < 12; n++)
        {
            if (n == 10 || n == 8) continue;
            if (iarr[n] <= 0)
               throw new IllegalArgumentException("Invalid orbital parameters");
        }

The array elements number 8 and 10 were the ones that could possibly
be less than zero for your data, so this is the way we changed it.
Depending on when you forked/cloned your repository, you will probably
have to do something like this to get these updates:

git fetch upstream
git merge upstream/master
git push origin master

If this does not work for you, please let me know.

"Area coordinates" are relative to the data received from a server,
with monotonically increasing coordinate values from (0,0) in the
upper left corner.  "Image coordinates" are the coordinate values in
the original data...they start at (1,1) in (usually) the upper left
corner and also monotonically increase.  If the "area" you got from
the ADDE server has a "mag" value of < 0, then the "image coordinates"
of the pixels will not monotonically increase (for example, if you use
a mag=-2, then the image coordinates would increase by 2 between
pixels, while the area coordinates will still increase by one.

In the case of the GOES navigation, the coordinate transformations are
always done in image coordinates but since most people think of
coordinates in terms of area coordinates, the straight linear
transformation routines ImageToAreaCoordinates and
AreaToImageCoordinates are provided (in AreaNav).

I do not understand the issue you are having with the 20 pixel "jump"
-- would you please elaborate in exactly what you are doing?

Best wishes,

tom