Re: [visad] Visad Tutorials and Documentation

Hello again, VisAD community,

I am trying to convert the available tutorials to a comprehensive tutorial guide as well. You will find an attached pre-version of it in this message.

Beside this I just started an VisAD Fork project on Kenai.com, to provide the VisAD library in form of Eclipse Bundles. Kenai is a free open-source project hosting site started by SUN and is now driven by Oracle. Kenai infrastructure is getting ported over to the java.net domain at the moment and every project hosted on kenai.com will be available on java.net if the port is finished. Despite being useful for collaborative work, hosting on kenai may also help increase the awareness level of VisAD.

If you'd like to take a look and hopefully want to join, you can find the project here: http://kenai.com/projects/visad. There is an integrated wiki, subversion repository and a forum, making it easier to contribute user written content like the UML diagrams I also would like to use in my still-in-development documenation conversion. Perhaps I'll soon be able to port some of the examples to run in an OSGi environment as well.

best regards and looking forward to members :-),
Marius