Re: VisAD library update

Hi-

Wang Lizhi wrote:

  When I use the updated version, my application do not display correctly

  Firstly, the Stream is very strange when I use
        streamUMap = new ScalarMap( ux, Display.Flow1X );
        streamVMap = new ScalarMap( vy, Display.Flow1Y );

The streamline code was revamped to be more "realistic" so it
will look different than the previous version.  When you say
"strange" does that mean different or inaccurate?  If the latter,
can you provide a screen shot with the old visad.jar and the new one?

  Secondly,  some error message is displayed as following:
     java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0 >= 0
         at java.util.Vector.elementAt( Vector.java:427 )
         at visad.java3d.ShadowFunctionOrSetTypeJ3D.doTransform(
ShadowFunctionOrSetTypeJ3D.java:124 )
         at visad.java3d.DefaultRendererJ3D.doTransform(
defaultRendererJ3D.java:133 )
         at visad.java3d.RednererJ3D.doAction( RendererJ3D.java:181 )
         at visad.DisplayImpl.doAction( DisplayImpl.java:1709 )
         at visad.ActionImpl.run( ActionImpl.java:364 )
         at visad.util.ThreadPool$ThreadMinnow.run( ThreadPool.java:95 )
    Can I get some idea where I can deal with the error?

Can you provide some code which produces this problem?  What is
the data type of the field?

Don Murray
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm