VisAD library update

The VisAD library has been updated.  The changes since the last update
in Feb, 2006, are listed below.  I apologize for the length of time
between updates -- I had computer hardware and software issues that
kept getting in the way...

Note that there is now a "build.xml" file in the main 'visad'
directory that can be used with 'ant' for doing builds.  Thanks,
Bruce!

You may pick up the latest by clicking the links off the VisAD homepage
<http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~billh/visad.html>
or via FTP from:
<ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/visad-2.0/visad.jar>
<ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/visad-2.0/visad_doc-2.0.jar>
<ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/visad-2.0/visad_src-2.0.jar>

If you have any issues with the new JAR files, please let me know.
These were all built
using 'ant' this time.

Now that my system is pretty much working again, the updates will be
more frequent....I promise!

tom

------------------------------------------------ChangeLog-------------------------------------------------

       * visad/: util/ThreadPool.java, ActionImpl.java: Add a getTaskCount
         method

       * visad/build.xml: Added jar.src target to jar up the distrubution
         source files. It jars the source files corresponding to the files
         that are compiled in the jar and dist targets.

       * visad/build.xml: You should always test before commiting, right?

         Fixed itty-bitty syntax error.

       * visad/build.xml: Packages/directories to compile are now
         explicitly listed at the top of the build file as patternsets so
         the compiled classes now matches what was compiled by the
         Makefile.  Unfortunately I was not able to find a way to use the
         same listings for creating the javadocs, so there is still a
         seperate doc.packages patternset.

         The dist target used to be the same as the jar target.  This has
         been modified so the dist target now cleans first.

       * visad/data/vis5d/V5DStruct.java: don't check for max row and
         column size.  keep checks for mins though

       * visad/: java3d/DisplayRendererJ3D.java,
         bom/ScreenLockedRendererJ3D.java: Add a couple of new signatures
         for setting the locked trans proj to the current one - this
         proved useful in locking text in HYDRA displays - no existing
         logic changed.

       * visad/BaseColorControl.java: add a convenience signature for
         initTableGreyWedge - inverted grey scale

       * visad/: all: 2007 copyright.

       * edu/wisc/ssec/mcidas/: all:2007 copyright.

       * visad/data/units/: UnitParser.java, UnitParser.jj: handle
         positive exponents for units that have "+" in them.

       * visad/build.xml: Tom W. discovered that the jar target for making
         the distribution jar file did not work under windows, so I had to
         change the incredibly cumbersome manner in which the dist jar
         file was created.

         There is now a patternset at the top where the file patterns for
         all the files to be included in the jar are defined. This may
         need to be fine tuned some because now it's pretty general,
         including just about all class files.

         Also, I should note that the changes were tested on my MacBook
         and a Parallels VM running Windows XP both running Ant 1.6.2 on
         top of Java 1.5 and everything worked fine.

       * visad/Contour2D.java: Fix last fix for an
         ArrayOutOfBoundsException; make sure contours are labeled if only
         one contour level.

       * visad/Contour2D.java: fix an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when
         there is only one contour level

       * visad/Gridded3DSet.java: allow alpha for color filled contours

       * visad/java3d/: DefaultRendererJ3D.java,
         ShadowFunctionOrSetTypeJ3D.java: More work on Animation
         rendering: if any ScalarMap to Animation, make the Renderer's top
         branch live, ie setBranchEarly, otherwise do things as before.
         IDV and visad/examples look OK.

       * visad/Contour2D.java: remove some debug stuff.

       * visad/: FieldImpl.java, FlatField.java, GriddedDoubleSet.java,
         Linear1DSet.java: add a resampleDouble method to FieldImpl and
         FlatField (with appropriate comments).  Make GriddedDoubleSet
         extend GriddedSetIface and have Linear1DSet implement
         GriddedDoubleSet.  If the sampling domain of the Field is a
         GriddedDoubleSet, we use resampleDouble to maintain precision.

       * visad/Contour2D.java: Improve detection of EASY/HARD case,
         rearrange some internal code for this.  Fixed a performance
         problem, and removed some 'static' declared test code and
         comments.

       * visad/Gridded1DDoubleSet.java: fix a typo in an exception

       * visad/Contour2D.java: implement different strategy for labelling
         contour lines on very fine terrain-like grids.

       * visad/AxisScale.java: add get/setTicksVisible methods

       * visad/Set.java: fix a problem with __getitem__

       * visad/java3d/ShadowFunctionOrSetTypeJ3D.java: animation logic:
         check MathType of recursed data, not top-level.

       * visad/georef/EarthLocationLite.java: return a LatLonTuple for
         getLatLonPoint() instead of this

       * visad/data/mcidas/PointDataAdapter.java: only set the realtype
         for Z to Altitude if we are using aliases.  Tom W, can you check
         some other apps that use PointDataAdapter to make sure this
         doesn't break them?

       * visad/ShadowType.java: make sure we pick up the right contour
         control

       * visad/java3d/ShadowFunctionOrSetTypeJ3D.java: Added logic to
         doTransform(...) to determine whether to do the animation code or
         default code, thereby bringing the AnimationRenererJ3D
         funtionality to the default.

Also, using the
         RendererJ3D.setBranchEarly(...) logic, the main group is now made
         live before rendering has completed.

       * visad/java3d/DefaultRendererJ3D.java: added extend capabiility to
         branch in doTransform(...)

added main for testing.

       * edu/wisc/ssec/mcidas/adde/AddeServerInfo.java: add capability for
         application to specify whether the ADDE server is an 'archive'
         server along with an archive date to satisty 'DAY='.

         Note: the application needs to know when this is necessary.  ADDE
         provides no query mechanism, other than an Error, to determine
         this.

       * visad/ShadowType.java: in makeContour(...)     removed buffered
         previous values for polygon offsets in leu of     cloning the
         GMC.

             If filling clone the GMC and set the polygon offsets and pass
         that
             GMC to the shadow_api.add*ToGroup(...) methods

       * visad/Stream2D.java: initial commit for problem with missing
         spatial samples.

       * visad/: Gridded3DSet.java, ShadowFunctionOrSetType.java,
         ShadowType.java, java2d/ShadowTypeJ2D.java,
         java3d/ShadowTypeJ3D.java: Re-order Data transform path for
         isosurface rendering *only* when spatial_set cannot be formed as
         a result of a display coord_sys transform, eg. a global model
         mapped to a GVAR navigated display.

         This involves adding a new signature,
         makeIsoSurfaceMissingSpatial, which is invoked by makeContour for
         the case above.  The new method is essentially the same as
         'makeIsoSurface' except that the isosurface is computed in data
         coordinates and then map scaling, coordinate transforms and
         spatial offsets are applied to  the geometry rather than the
         sampling domain.

         This new method is necessary for two reasons: (1) testing
         revealed that the marching-cube algorithm will not     work
         consistently if there are missing samples.  I wish it     would
         have.

         (2) The scaling and transforms of the resulting geometry must
         be applied before the normals are computed for consistency.

         I've tested this pretty thoroughly in the IDV and the resulting
         isosurfaces look consistent with those generated via the normal
         path.

       * visad/: ContourControl.java, ShadowType.java: === ISSUES