Re: Visad and hdf5 example

Hi Felix,

The code for importing from HDF5 to VisAD was written by the
HDF team at NCSA. It does note support all HDF5 files, only
a (small) subset, and it require the HDF5 native libraries
(written in C++). The installation for these libraries changed
since they first wrote their HDF5 importer - I wouldn't know
how to install them any more.

We recommend using netCDF instead of HDF, if at all possible.
The netCDF importer was written by the netCDF team at Unidata,
who have been partners in the VisAD development. It is pure
Java, supports all netCDF files, and works very well.