Re: how to cite visad?

Hi Peter,

> I used visad for a project that I am trying to get published.  In order
> to give Visad proper credit, I would like to cite it in my references,
> but am not sure if you have a preferred citation you want users to use.
> Do you have one?  for example, the weka project asks users to cite their
> data mining book.

Thank you - we always appreciate credit. We're (taking the
liberty of speaking for the other authors of the system)
not too particular about the form of credit. It can be as
simple as "VisAD" (especially in this age of google), it
can be the web page:

  http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~billh/visad.html

or it could be our recent CACM article - the first
publication listed under:

  http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~billh/visad.html#bibliography

Good luck with your article,