Re: Transparenct surface doesn't work right

Hi Santi,

There is no good way to solve your problem via Java3D
rendering. With normal transparency, its a question of
the order in which objects are rendered. If you switch
the order to addReference() calls for your two surfaces,
then you will get a rendering error in the other
direction.

One potential way to fix this is using "screen door"
transparency mode. But the last time I tried using that
in Java3D, it didn't work. If it did work, we'd support
it from VisAD.

The basic problem is that transparency is very difficult
to do completely correctly, and graphics APIs like
Java3D have to cut some corners (to avoid rendering
everything 100 times slower).

Bill