Re: VisAD 3D surface graph performance

Hi Lezlie,

Something's wrong here. Lots of the test programs in the
visad/examples directory render surfaces with RGB mappings
that are much larger than 380 points, and much quicker than
a minute even on my old 500 MHz laptop with a bad old
graphics card. You might try running Test33, Test37 and
Test61 (its volume rendering is made of a series of flat
surfaces with a total of over 42000 points, and runs in a
few seconds on my laptop).

Bill