Re: 3D Trajectories (beginner)

  • To: Hugo Heden <heden@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: 3D Trajectories (beginner)
  • From: Bill Hibbard <billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:13:53 -0600 (CST)
Hi Hugo,

To draw the trajectory as a curve in 3-D, you need a FlatField
with MathType ((x, y, z) -> time) and with domain Set that is a
Gridded3DSet with manifold dimension = 1.

Note that the VisuTraj.java program in the visad/examples
directory does something a lot like this, except:

1. It has multiple trajectories.
2. It uses Gridded3DSets with manifold dimension = 1 instead
   of FlatFields (these Gridded3DSets could be the domains of
   FlatFields if you needed time or some other dependent
   variables).
3. It animates trajectories, but does not color them.