tabbed panes

Hi,

I'm using visad from the current visad.jar file, with j2sdk1.4.1_02 and
java3d-1_3_1-windows-i586-opengl-sdk. I'm having 2 difficulties with which I
would appreciate help/advice.

1. When I set up a tabbed pane, only the last-added tab is shown, even when
I use setSelectedIndex:

        JTabbedPane tabbedPane = new JTabbedPane();
        tabbedPane.addTab("pane1", pane1);
        tabbedPane.addTab("pane2", pane2);
        tabbedPane.addTab("pane3", pane3);
        tabbedPane.addTab("pane4", pane4);
        int is = tabbedPane.indexOfTab("pane1");
        tabbedPane.setSelectedIndex(is);

pane4 is the one I see. If I click on the pane4 tab, I can then click on the
first 3 tabs and see the correct images. I did read the tabbed pane postings
on the visad archive, which seemed to say the tabbed pane problem was
solved - I'm sorry, but I don't understand the details of those postings
well enough to fix my code. Can anyone help?

2. In a simple 2D plot, the image plots outside the axes (I also have an
older version of visAD, dated about a year ago, and this does not happen
with that version).

Both of these can be seen in a simplified version of my app, which I have
attached.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Adele