Re: Alpha Blending?

Hi Bill,

Bill Hibbard wrote:

If it
doesn't, then you may need to resort to a ScalarMap to Alpha, and
explicitly render the overlap areas as geometries with greater
values mapped to Alpha.

OK, I'll play around more with this.  Thanks!

So it is one DataRenderer per one DataReference?  And if I want to have
an array of DataReferences "linked" to a single DataRenderer, must I
create a custom DataRenderer?

Yep. But it takes pretty unusual circumstances to actually
need more than one DataReference per DataRenderer.

Well, I have an array of Irregular2DSets. I want to give each set a different color. I then want to be able to toggle on and off the collection of Irregular2DSets at the same time.

I'm sure that I can loop through the array of Iregular2DSets, and their associated DataReferences/DataRenderers and turn each one off individually, but I would like to do turn the array off and on in one step instead of a loop. Is there a way to do this elegantly (i.e. w/o a loop)? Is there and example?

Thanks much!

-kevin.

Kevin L. Manross        [KD5MYD] <><          (405)-366-0557
CIMMS Research Associate               kevin.manross@xxxxxxxx
[NSSL-WRDD/SWATN]           http://www.cimms.ou.edu/~kmanross

"My opinions are my own and not representative of CIMMS, NSSL,
 NOAA or any affiliates"