Re: Alpha Blending?

Hi Bill,

Bill Hibbard wrote:

You could try to make the geometry of each beam a little
wider so they overlap. That might give you the effect you
want.

The beams already overlap (please see:

http://www.cimms.ou.edu/~kmanross/VCPRPE/VCPRPE_AllBeamWidthsFilled_overlap.gif
)

Notice the double yellow-dashed lines. Where they are close to each other is actually where the beams overlap. If you look closely, you can see the edge of the pink beam width (1.45) underneath the purple beam width (2.4), but where they overlap there is no blending of color or opacity.

On a different topic,

For DefaultRendererJ3D, the array of DataReferences must
consist of exactly one DataReference. For what you want
to do, you must put the call to addReferences() inside
the loop, and pass only one DataReference at a time
(in a single length array if you like). The signature
allows multiple DataReferences for those custom
DataRenderers that can handle them.

So it is one DataRenderer per one DataReference? And if I want to have an array of DataReferences "linked" to a single DataRenderer, must I create a custom DataRenderer?

Thanks for your help!

-kevin.

Kevin L. Manross        [KD5MYD] <><          (405)-366-0557
CIMMS Research Associate               kevin.manross@xxxxxxxx
[NSSL-WRDD/SWATN]           http://www.cimms.ou.edu/~kmanross

"My opinions are my own and not representative of CIMMS, NSSL,
 NOAA or any affiliates"