Re: your mail

Hi Kieran,

First, you don't need to call canvas.stop since super.destroy()
calls it.

We have been over this code many times to eliminate all
references to allocated memory. As long as you have a copy
of VisAD downloaded since June 2003, it should be as good
as we can make it. There may be some Java3D memory leaks
(there continue to be reports on the java3d-interest
mailing list).

One approach to avoiding this memory loss is to re-use the
DisplayImplJ3Ds, after calling their removeAllReferences()
and clearMaps() methods.