RE: How to animate 2 parameters

Hi Bill,

Thanks for helping out an apprentice in his first year of
VisAd.

Actually I am processing a 3D volume of data (this is seismic
data but in principle it could be a brain scan or something).
These are quite large volumes so for this task we usually
just display a 2D slice and then scroll through the volume.
One of the parameters corresponds to the z level within the
data of the 2D slice that is being displayed. The other
tweaks the "focus" on the processing algorithm.

What would be really neat would be to map both parameters to
Animation. I guess what you're saying is I can map them both
to SelectValue but not Animation?

Please also can someone explain the pros and cons between

 (a -> (b -> ((line, element) -> radiance)))

and

 (a,b) -> ((line, element) -> radiance))

Andrew

generates
> > an image, giving about 400 2D images in all.
>
> Thanks. So your MathType is something like:
>
>   (a -> (b -> ((line, element) -> radiance)))
>
> You can use ScalarMaps:
>
>   a -> Animation
>   b -> SelectValue
>   line -> YAxis
>   element -> XAxis
>   radiance -> RGB
>
> or you could map a to SelectValue instead of Animation.
>
> Good luck,
> Bill

Registered in England No: 3763515
Registered Address:
                        100 Thames Valley Park Drive
                        Reading
                        Berkshire   RG6 1PT   UK
Telephone:              +44 (0) 118 935 3222
Website:                http://www.BG-Group.com