Image rendering

Hi-

We've been working on displaying radar data in our IDV and
have come across the following problem which we'd like to
solve.

When rendering radar data that has missing values with the
DefaultRendererJ3D(), the edges between the missing and non-
missing regions are blocky and whole regions of the image
are not displayed.

If we use the ImageRendererJ3D() the image is rendered
"correctly".

For 3D views (Gridded3DSet on a 2D manifold), we can't
use ImageRendererJ3D(), so we end up with blocky edges
to the displays.

I've put a set of images at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm/radar_pics.html

which shows the behavior.

Is there a simple way to have the IRJ3D behavior with the default
renderer?

Thanks.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm