Re: Which "Set"?

Hi Kevin,

You can combine ((r, e) -> h) and ((r, e, h) -> s) into one
field with MathType:

  ((r, e) -> (h, s))

You could compute this as a FlatField over some sampling that
covers the range of r and e values at an appropriate resolution.

When the user fixes an e0 value, construct a Gridded2DSet with
manifold dimension = 1, over domain (r, e). Basically, this
would be a set of (r, e0) for a sequence of r values. Then
resample your FlatField ((r, e) -> (h, s)) to this Gridded2DSet,
and display the FlatField returned by this call to resample().

With ScalarMaps h -> YAxis and s -> XAxis, you'll get a scatter
diagram. Given that h and s are both dependent variables with
no simple functional dependency between them, in general this
must be a scatter diagram rather than a line graph. If you have
prior knowledge that there is some simple graph relation between
them, you can extract their values from the resampled FlatField
and construct a FlatField with MathType (h -> s) or (s -> h)
and appropriate topology.

Note in your code 'new Irregular1DSet(h, h_vals )' can be a
Gridded1DSet as long as the h_vals array is sorted (can be
either ascending or descending).