Re: ShadowFunctionOrSetType

Michelle:

Tom, I was actually wondering if it was possible to extract the range
value for the "index" input field.

What do you mean?  In your example, the MathType is:

(index) -> (torque,RI_X,RI_Z,DRY_Mass,Prop_mass,RW_Index,RW_Choice,Pay_power,Pay
_Mass,MinFreqMode,Miss_Life,Slew_Angle,Delta_V,Slew_Time,Mass,sheet_thick,Cost)

that tells me that 'index' is the domain of your "function" and the tuple 'torque, RI_X, ..., Cost' is the range. So to say "extract the range value for 'index' means to me that you want to get the values of 'torque, RI_X, ..., Cost' for some value of 'index'. In my example, you would simply refer to "a[0]" and that gives you the tuple of 'torque...' for index=0.

ie. I'm trying to see if the input
"index" is mapped to the Visad parameter "iso-contour".

I'm not sure what this has to do with the "range value" you asked about in the previous sentence?

 I don't think I
can just access the value of the first spot in an array of the types
since index seems to occur in different places in the domain (and is

In your MathType, you only have _one_ domain component: index. Everything else is a "range component".

listed in a different order on the left column of the mapping dialog
box) for each csv file I've tried. Do you know if there is a way to see
what value "index" was mapped to?

I'm going to assume you're only interested in discovering the Scalar-to-Display mappings you've done, and are really only interested in finding out what, if anything, the RealType called "index" has been mapped to a DisplayScalar.

You can use:

display.getMapVector()

which will return a Vector of the mappings. You can then look at each element's getDisplayScalar() and see if that is iso-contour (I use the toString() method for that...), and getScalar() to see if it is 'index' or whatever.

Sorry for my confusion...

tom

Thanks,
Michelle

Michelle Kam           (408) 742-2881
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Co. SSM/ATC/MSIS
B/153 O/L922 1111 Lockheed Martin Way, Sunnyvale, CA 94089