Re: Gridded2DSet of Lat/Lon

Hi Leah,

The algorithm requires that each box of the grid be convex, and
that the direction of the samples (clockwise vs counterclockwise)
be consistent.  It checks this by comparing "signatures" between
grid boxes. The Lambert conformal conic projection should form a
valid grid, except where the grid converges on a single point at
the top.

Because the algorithm will most likely fail if you have colocated
samples, I recommend spacing the topmost samples of the
projection a very small distance apart from one another, in such
a way that the validity of the grid is maintained.

-Curtis