Re: javax.media.j3d.Canvas3D error

Hi Luke,

First, make sure that nothing changed in your Java3D
installation, because this is the message you'd get
if Java3D was not installed.

However, if you are using a Java development environment
different than Sun's JDK, it is possible that this message
may reflect the fact that visad.jar (the precompled class
files) uses a Canvas3D constructor not supported before
Java3D version 1.2. Note that when I compile on a machine
with Java3D version 1.1.2 I don't get this error message,
but I use Sun's JDK.

If this theory is right, there are a couple things you
might try:

1. Switch to a newer version of Java3D.
2. Instead of using visad.jar, compile VisAD from
   visad_src-2.0.jar (which does not use the new Canvas3D
   constructor).