Re: GraphicsModeControl.setPointSize with a DisplayImplJ3D under win2k

Greg-

Howell, Greg wrote:
Thanks Don & Mathias --- I've upgraded to jdk 1.4.1, j3d 1.3 and actually the
openGL & directX packages both solved the pointSize problem, but caused another
(less serious from my point of view) problem.

With Java 1.3.1, Java 3D 1.3 and DirectX 8.1, LineWidth settings do
not work.

I've got a two-monitor "Radeon 7000" series adapter running 16-bit color 2560x1024 which
(oddly enough) only works with Java3D when one monitor is disabled.  I say "oddly enough"
because originally, when I was just having the pointSize problem, both monitors were enabled.  Now
if I disable one and run in 1280x1024 all's well.  Hate to press my luck by asking two questions on
my first day on this list but I've tried everything I can think of.

Don't know about this.  I do know there is a problem with
1.4.1 with the mobility Radeon on my thinkpad:

http://mozart.chat.net/~jeske/unsolicitedDave/thinkpad_ati_java_bug.html

which is why I'm stuck at 1.3.1.  1.4.2 is supposed to fix the
problem.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm