Re: VisAD and RMI

Ben,

> If I have an application written using VisAD and I would like to
> distribute the application (using RMI), is there a way to have the
> server running the RMI registry be the only machine with the VisAD class
> library. And then have the client machines not need the VisAD class
> library to run this distributed application? Assuming it uses the VisAD
> library to display data.

I don't know of a way to do this (but I haven't
looked into it very hard). The closest thing I know
of is that browsers can download classes for Applets.

For an application, you need at least some classes
locally in order to start the application. Given
that the client must download at least some classes,
it might as well download a JAR file with everything
it needs.