Re: ddraw.dll problems

Hi Frank...

Glad to hear it's working for you. If you're running Linux on an Intel machine, I've also created a 'quick install' for that (assuming that OpenGL has already been installed).

Download this file:

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~tomw/visadtutor/jyvis_linux.tar.gz

to the desired directory and then gunzip/untar it -- it will create a "jython" directory an put all the files there (including the Java runtime, Java3D, visad.jar, jython.jar, and several startup scripts for you). This is a pretty new thing (I've only tested it on a handful of machines here), so I'm interested in any feedback.

(One really annoying thing in Linux: when you're using the command line interpreter, the up- and down-arrows do _not_ give you history...they just give you things like "[[A". I've included a script to invoke the Console.py from the Jython release, plus you can use Curtis' editor as well (jye) -- just as in the windoz world.)

tom

--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
University of Wisconsin-Madison