Re: Scaling of an external TransformGroup

Olav Rybatzki wrote:

> Hi,
>
> to display a wire frame of my original data i pass a BranchGroup to the
> DisplayRenderer by
>
>   DisplayRendererJ3D dr
> DisplayRendererJ3D)display3D.getDisplayRenderer();
>   TransformGroup displayTG = dr.getTrans ();
>   displayTG.addChild(bg);
>
> Now the problem is the scaling of the wire frame (I use the same data as
> for  the constructing of the Irregular3DSet.) On the display the wire
> frame has a dimension that is about 10 times of the visad data.
> instead of getting the TransformGroup i also tryed it with
>
> BranchGroup bgRoot = dr.getRoot();
> bgRoot.addChild(bg);
>
> The result is the same.
> Has anyone an idea what is going wrong?

To create your own scene graph depiction, you need to at
least apply the scaling of the ScalarMaps. And if any
CoordinateSystems are involved, you also need to apply
their coordinate transforms.

I strongly suggest building your wire frame as a Gridded3DSet
with manifold dimension = 1.