p.s., Re: Integrated Data Viewer version 1.0 beta 1 available

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Bill Hibbard wrote:

> Please forgive me for CC'ing your message to the list,
> but I wanted to second that the IDV is a great system.
>
> The IDV does use visad.CoordinateSystem for map projections.
> Applications can define their own instances of DisplayRealType,
> and group 3 of them into a DisplayTupleType with a CoordinateSystem
> with reference Display.DisplaySpatialCartesianTuple (which is
> (XAxis, YAxis, ZAxis)). All the trig is of course in the toReference
> and fromReference() methods of their CoordinateSystem.

Then of course you can use the new DisplayRealTypes in
ScalarMaps. VisAD will automatically interpret new
DisplayRealTypes in DisplayTupleTypes with CoordinateSystems
with References (XAxis, YAxis, ZAxis), (Red, Green, Blue),
(Flow1X, Flow1Y, Flow1Z), and (Flow2X, Flow2Y, Flow2Z).