Re: 3D Interpolation

> I have a lot of points (not equal distributed) in an 3D-plot. Now I want
> to interpolate (linear, quadratic, ...) these points. Is this possible
> with VisAD? Suggestions?

Yes. Use the locations of the points to construct an Irregular3DSet
(which will implicitly invoke a Delaunay algorithm). The use the
Irregular3DSet as the domain Set of a FlatField, with dependent
values in the Field's range. Then construct a Set of locations you
want to interpolate to (may be a SingletonSet for a single point,
or any other visad.*Set class), and pass it to the resample()
method of your FlatField. The range value of the returned FlatField
will be interpolated values of your dependent values. Note
Irregular3DSet uses linear interpolation over the tetrahedra
found by the Delaunay algorithm.